Thursday, October 1, 2009

Home buyers - Do the opposite of what everybody else is doing.

Last year at this time the market was as flat as a pancake and we were recommending people BUY BUY BUY, but what did the vast majority of buyers do? Sit on their hands. Here are some quotes from our prospective clients at the time.

“It is such a transitional market right now, I think I’ll wait and see what happens”
“There is so much uncertainty in the market, I think I will leave it until early next year unless something changes dramatically.”
“I doubt the market will be rising quickly, and there will be more product next year than right now.”
“I've put my plans on hold for a bit because the market will probably drop even further.”

Do you think these people regret not taking advantage of a buyers’ market?

Now everybody seems to be buying and (maybe it is bad for business to say this but…) maybe we should now be sitting on our hands. Our goal at the moment is to purchase AT market value, not over it and we are advising clients to be very wary of paying over the odds at the moment.

For further information on buying property in Sydney go to www.gooddeeds.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment